Friday, January 4, 2013

Here Goes - Hello, Whole 30 Challenge!

And so the journey begins!  I actually began the Whole 30 Challenge on January 1st.  I was just keeping a journal of what i ate and how it was going.  I have now put that in a blog form.  So i will get caught up on the days here.  I look forward to any feedback or help through the challenge, especially in the cooking arena!! :)

Whole 30 Challenge
January 1 – Day One
Today is the day!  I have challenged myself to complete the Whole 30 Challenge – Whole 9 Life.  http://whole9life.com/2012/01/whole-30-v2012/. Several of us that workout together have decided to see how it goes!  No better time to start then January 1!!!

My goal had been to shop yesterday and have everything ready to go for today.  That was a great plan.  It just didn’t happen.  So I am starting a bit behind the 8 ball.  Last night, I completed reading the main portions of  “It’s All About Food.”  So I woke up this morning ready to face the challenge. 

First thing, I have signed up for a plan that will encourage me to cook each day for my family and not eat out. This is THE biggest challenge.  I joke that I can’t cook.  That isn’t really the case as much as I don’t like to be rushed and cook.  So this will take both planning and determination on my part!  I have to learn where all my dishes are! 

Success number one: I made my daughter and I breakfast.  Regular scrambled eggs for her and a spinach, mushroom and tomato egg omelet for me.  It was awesome! I might can do this!!!

Today is the New Year’s 90 minute Boot camp at 11 am.  I know that this is going to be a very tough class but it is something I have come to really enjoy and it is what has really changed my life over the past year. 

**side note: go check out http://www.badassfitness.com/ !!!

(back on task)  It was so exciting there were 20 people there!  It was a boot camp rendition of “99 bottles of beer on the wall” J. There was the warm-up of 30 sec drills, 8 shuttle runs and 8 shuffle runs. Then the start of the killer workout! You started with 99 jumping jacks, 99 sec wall sit, 99 walking lunges, 99 bicycles, 19 pushups, 9 burpees (I think I am missing something!).  Then 88, then 77, then 66…you get the picture!  At the completion of that great task we did tabata burpees and dips.  Oh but that was not the end, add an eleven minute run!  When the workout was done, I looked as if I had been in the shower but killed 860 calories!  Hello 2013!!!

I knew I had to go to the grocery store but the world needed me to take a shower!  So my daughter and I finally made it to the grocery store to pick out basic staples of veggies, fruit and meat.  We also got items to make Beef Stew and Bison/Beef Chili!  (thank you http://civilizedcavemancooking.com/ !!!)

Success number two: The second meal was Turkey, Green beans, and a sweet potato.  The daughter was with me but insisted she needed some fries!  We are taking baby steps with her! Yep, she got fries.  What she didn’t eat, immediately went to the outside trash can so as to not tempt me!!!

I have been fighting a nasty throat issue for about 10 days.  Was on antibiotics but it wasn’t working.  So I decided to head back to the doctor.  This time it was a steroid to help with inflammation and I was told not to work out for two days.  Is it silly that I cried at that! 

Success number three: I chopped and chopped and chopped!  The beef stew is in the crock pot ready to go!  My eyes are still watering from onions and jalapenos but this stew is going to be awesome!  Now for dinner - not a huge success.  I didn’t feel well.  I got the little one fed but I just couldn’t fathom swallowing.  So I did manage to get down a sweet potato and some green beans but then I went to bed!

So day one of the challenge is to an end!  I feel very accomplished and good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment