Friday, January 4, 2013

Day 2 - Whole 30 Challenge

Whole 30 Challenge
 January 2 – Day Two
Today I had to return to work.  We all knew this day would come but it has been such a great break!  I sprung out of bed feeling 110% better!  I knew I had to get breakfast made and in the oven and then do the daily tasks of getting my sweet child (who is not so sweet in the morning) up and ready for her school!

Success One: I made an egg scramble with 10 eggs, asparagus, spinach, tomatoes and mushrooms.  In the oven and it looked awesome!  (recipe from www.badassfitness.com) Also, stirred the stew that had been cooking on low all night long!  (I love the crockpot!!!) It smelled divine! I had one “square” of the egg scramble and ½ a sweet potato for breakfast.  Then packed beef stew, celery and a kiwi for lunch.  I think I might have reached Martha Stewart level!

I managed to do all of that, get ready, get the lil bit ready and out the door by 7:30 am.  This might be a miracle!! J  Forget Martha, I might be at Joan Clever level!!!

**side note: Let me add one item I take every morning that I really think helps me a lot.  Have you heard of energy bits???  Oh my!!  These things are little bits of algae.  HOLD ON!!!  They are tiny pills.  You take 10 in the morning…they are all natural and really give you quite a pep!  Full of protein.  One suggestion, just take them as quick as possible and DO NOT smell them!!  Fish bait has nothing on these puppies!!!  But I promise they have been a lifesaver!  (http://www.energybits.com)

Off to the office!  It was awesome to see everyone!  I LOVE my job and my office!  It should be illegal to have as much fun as we do at work! 

Success Two: I warmed up my stew!  I was so anticipating my first bite of this stuff.  Scared how it would taste….it was….YUMMY!!  Very filling and then I had some celery and the kiwi!  Lordy, I love kiwi!!  (oh and 10 more energy bits!!!)

After work, I had a goal of grabbing a couple items to make some banana “bread” that the #badassCEO made and let us try at the bootcamp!  It was OHMYGAWHGOOD!  And I was feeling rather good about my successful Stew, so certainly I could tackle this baking thing! Three stores later I finally located coconut flour (there is obviously a 30 day challenge happening in our town!)

Success Three:  Fresh broccoli in the steamer and stew ready for dinner.  We all sat down and discussed the day and had a dinner at OUR TABLE!!  This is miraculous!!!  I might win an award as mother of the day…or something, right?

Then on to preparing for the next day!  Buffalo/Beef chili was put in the crockpot!  I am very curious about this recipe!  Can’t wait for dinner tomorrow!  Then my daughter and I were going to make the banana bread!  Ingredients in, mixed, looks good and in the oven.  On to watch the Florida Gators play in the Sugar Bowl….What a disaster!  I will stop before I get all fired up!
The bread is done!  I am not one to wait…I cut into it.  My hubby said it was great….    It was NOT the same as the OHMYGAWHGOOD  I tasted the day before…it was dry.  So maybe a complete Martha Stewart I am not…yet!  I will conquer this baking thing!

Today has been good!  No crazy cravings, I remained full all day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment