Tuesday, February 26, 2013

It's Raining, It's Pouring...This "young" girl is sweating pink!

Wow!  It has been raining since Friday.  I don't mean a little drizzle and the sun is not out, I mean full on RAIN!!  (That includes a little hail!)  This Florida girl enjoys her sunshine!  However, there were some really bright spots in the weekend!  Clouds can't keep away the joy!

My daughters school has been planning their first annual 5k / fun run all year long.  It occurred this past Saturday.  The forecast was heavy rain and thunderstorms.  As packet pick-up began Friday in the pouring rain, you could read the disappointment on all of the volunteers faces!  The night before, I prepared my sweet baby for the fact that we might not be able to run the race!  The next morning, I awoke and didn't hear rain.  I looked outside and there were clouds but no drops of rain to be seen.  I quickly got up and got her ready.  The race was a success!  Literally, the rain begin to slowly come just as the event was ending!  God is soooo good!!!  Not only that but 4 of the #Badassarmy gals made the top 10 runners in the female division!  The #baddonkey (kids) group kicked serious booty too!! 

Here are some pictures of the weekend!  I was super excited because my parents were able to come watch my sweet one run!!

Some of the BA Crew:


The BadDonkeys:



The parents! - ugh i can't get the pic to do right!!!


My favorite girl!!!


This is her crossing the finish line!!!  She is a BEAST!! :)



Thanks for indulging me with a ton of pics!!  But I have one more picture - I am really excited about this one...READY!


I got an email notification last week that I was selected to be a Sweat Pink Ambassador!  What is this you might ask?  Well, I encourage  you to check them out at: http://www.fitapproach.com/sweat-pink/.  BUT basically Sweat Pink represents ladies who are not afraid to be active and sweat and realize the beauty of a true healthy lifestyle!  It is an honor to be selected and I am looking forward to what this new endeavor holds!  I join a group of ladies that I truly admire and that have been encouragers to me in my journey to find the healthy me!!  I hope that I can simply add to this group and help someone else find the strength to beat the game of the mind and find what lives within! 

Here is to an awesome 2013! Phil 4:13!

1 comment:

  1. Meh - I just left you a long comment and then it got swallowed. Short version: this is all great!! Paula :-)

    ReplyDelete